Thursday, February 5, 2009

Breaking News!

Stop the presses! Stop the presses! Breaking, hugely important mondo news breaking!

Ready?

Wait for it.

Wait for iiiiiit...

OK. First of all, I've decided to kick Gerard Butler off my Freebies List. Gerard, sweetcakes, you're very gorgeous and very sexy, but I just couldn't be with a man who'd stoop to doing a romantic comedy with Katherine 'Rainbow Killer' Heigl. Have you no shame? Have you no dignity?

No! I don't want to hear excuses. You're gone. Off you go. Don't give me that look. You know what you did. Take your cape with you. Mmhmm.

So.

Second, and most important of all, a highly coveted spot on my Freebies List has opened up. Who shall be the lucky man to join the high, exclusive ranks of that pedestal of sexyness, among such wonders as Christian Bale, Eric Bana, Reynaldo Giannechini and...um...whoever the other guy was?

Ladies and Gentlepervs, I present to you the marvel that is Jon Hamm:



I will give you a moment to stare and sigh in a dreamy fashion.

All done? good. OK you can stare some more.

I'm probably late to the Jon Hamm love fest, but please don't hate on me for that. My cheapo latin-american HBO has just now decided to run the first season of Mad Men over again, as preparation for their 'premiering' the second season this Sunday. So I've been catching up, completely hooked from the very first episode.

On a serious note, this show is fantastic, impeccably written and exciting, with gorgeous production values and simply the best drama I've seen in years. It reminds me of the West Wing at its peak, when everything the characters said was pitch-perfect and it completely grabbed and held your attention for 40 minutes. It is seriously a great show.

Mr Hamm is just a perk, you know. His character is a jerk sometimes, of course, so please don't think I'm letting his prettiness erase whatever he does. It just...well, it's just entrancing, really. The man is simply lovely.

And then after last night's episode he showed up on Conan and joked all charmingly about Tina Fey and his own handsomeness and even Conan looked like he wanted to squee.

So yes. Welcome to my Freebies List, Jon Hamm. Fastest rise to the top out of all the other four, so you should totally feel honored.

Now, shall we go into my office?

5 comments:

Marra Alane said...

You're late to the party, but I forgive you. Welcome to the Hamm club!

ps - did you see him on snl a while ago? He was so adorable, hot, charming, sexy...mmmmmmm.

Jeremy Feist said...

Hells yeah, mothafuckah! Jon Hamm is the shit! That being said, why kick off Gerard Butler while keeping Bale after his super huge freak out? Glurg.

Figgy said...

Jeremy, somehow I can stand that better than Butler completely losing his self respect.

I think there's something wrong with me...

meaux said...

Yeah...saw the Bale freakout, and saw the Butler/Heigl preview.

I think you have two free spots now.

But yeah...I'm feeling the Hamm love. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen Mad Men, but as of last week's 30 Rock, I want to go to there.

...and a few cursewords will never ever ever touch my Bale love. I've had it for 15 years and if anything, when he does something bad it just makes me want him more.

GRRR this damn thing won't let me sign in.

jamiepants