Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Meme Time on Fig Journal:

Newsvomit:

-Finished NaNo at 50,201 words. No, you can't read it. At least, not yet. Even I can't stand to read some of it. I'll start editing as soon as I get over my own stage fright. It's hard to explain.
-Reading two books at once, so as not to fall too far behind on Cannonball Read. They are 'Everything's Eventual' by Stephen King, which is a collection of 14 short stories, that I can't stand to read at night, and 'Embers' by...some author whose name I can't remember. This one's a lot shorter and very good so far, and I read it to cleanse my brain of horrible Stephen King images.
-Will start baking my world famous cookies soon so I can start selling them
-Have cramps, but feel a lot less grumpy than I did yesterday. Stupid hormones.
-Cousin's birthday today. If I'm lucky there shall be cake.
-Added a header to the blog. You like?

*end of news vomit*

And because I have nothing interesting to post today, here is a fun meme:

***

-Put iTunes on shuffle, take the first line from the first 20 songs and use them to make a poem.
-Use the first line of the 21st song as the title.
-Use the first four words of the 22nd song as your band name.

You are my Sweetest Downfall
by You Don't Own Me

My darling I am dreaming
In the jungle, the mighty jungle
Kiss me too fiercely
I can't control this flesh and blood

I can't stop loving you
Lying in my bed I hear the clock tickin'
Give me one reason to stay here
I've never, never seen you look so good

Hey, where did we go?
The kids 'round here look just like sticks
I cannot dare to look
I'm down here in the well

Come gather 'round people
I've been loving you too long,
I walked across an empty land
With one light on in one room

What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man
Tommy used to work on the docks
I heard you on the wireless back in '52
Loving you isn't the right thing to do

***

Hee. That could be something!

The songs:

Title: 'Samson' by Regina Spektor
Band Name: 'You Don't Own Me' by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

1. 'Down by the Old Millstream' by the Mills Brothers
2. 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' from the Lion King Musical Soundtrack
3. 'As Long as you're Mine' from the Wicked Soundtrack
4. 'Live Like Horses' by Elton John
5. 'I Can't Stop Loving You' by Ray Charles
6. 'Time After Time' by Eva Cassidy
7. 'Give Me One Reason' by Tracy Chapman
8. 'Talk Dirty to Me' by Poison (shutup)
9. 'Brown Eyed Girl' by Van Morrison
10. 'Midnight in Chelsea' by Jon Bon Jovi
11. 'Budapest' by The Reindeer Section
12. 'Up from Under' by the Wallflowers
13. 'The Times are A-Changin'' by Bob Dylan
14. 'I've Been Loving You Too Long' by Otis Redding
15. 'Somewhere Only We Know' by Keane
16. 'Hunter' by Dido
17. 'What a Man' by Salt n Peppa
18. 'Livin' on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi
19. 'Video Killed the Radio Star' by the Buggles
20. 'Go Your Own Way' by Fleetwood Mac

I love music memes. I like how they let you see my very bizarre and mixed taste in music.

No comments: