Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another random post.

The 100 top grossing films of all time (not adjusted for inflation): bold what you've seen, underline what you own.

[With commentary because...well, when DON'T I have something to say?]

Numbers 26-50:

26.Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End: How such a bad movie as PotC ever got made into a franchise will always remain a mystery to me.
27.Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi Love it. Love it. LOVE IT.
28. Independence Day Hands down my absolute favorite so-bad-it's-AWESOME movie. Must have watched it about 1500 times.
29. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl: Giant turd of a movie.
30. The Sixth Sense: Oh Shyamalamalamalan. You used to be so good. I think it's a universal rule that everyone knows someone who claims they 'saw the twist coming a mile away!'. Uh huh. SURE you did.
31. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: lame book, lame movie. Made no sense whatsoever.
32. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: I could never get through more than half an hour of this extremely long, extremely boring Disney fuckfest. What a horrible adaptation.
33. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back: Absolutely the best of the trilogy. I grew up watching this, over and over and over again, and it's STILL not boring.
34. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Really great visuals. Ultimately, though, it was pretty forgettable.
35. Home Alone : eeeeh.
36. The Matrix Reloaded: I know I watched it, yet I can't remember a single thing about this movie. I'm very happy about that.
37. Meet the Fockers (2004): never, ever, ever. I can't bear to watch such good actors play second fiddles to Ben fucking Stiller.
38. Shrek (2001): it was cute. Unfortunately it spawned a horribly repetitive franchise. Somebody make it stop.
39. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Meh. Lame book, lame movie.
40. The Incredibles (2004): Absolutely loved it. I watch it all the time, and every single time I'm amazed by how effortlessly awesome this movie is.
41. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Never.
42. Jaws: I've never been able to make it all the way through this.
43. I Am Legend: Hated it. It was so long and meandering. Hated the ending.
44. Monsters, Inc.: Absurdly cute movie. Hilarious and sweet.
45. Batman: It's really not a bad movie, just badly miscast and too Burtonian for my taste.
46. Night at the Museum (2006)what the FUCK with Ben Stiller, people?! HOW is this on here?!
47. Men in Black: This was really a lot of fun. The chemistry between Smith and Jones is just fantastic.
48. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: My favorite of the HP movies. Cuaron really did some awesome work with this one.
49. Toy Story 2: Ooh man, so awesome. Pixar can do no wrong.
50. Cars: OK maybe this one wasn't as great as the others. I think it's a little hard for non-americans to really get this one, though it was still cute and gorgeously animated.

****

More cookies to bake. More art to finish. No time for anything, and yet here I am, wasting time. Hurrah for me.

No comments: