Monday, December 20, 2010

Cannonball, Part 3!

Here's something exciting: The Cannonball Read is back!

As you'll recall, it's basically a challenge created by Pajiba, in which you try to read as many books as you can in a year. The ultimate goal is 100 (which I barely managed to do in 2009), but you can do 52 (one per week), or even half of that. Whatever you're up to doing. The other part of the challenge is that you write a short review for said book, which I admit really got exhausting after the first 50 or so. By the end I wasn't even trying, which was pretty pathetic of me, and I hope to do much better this time.

The best thing is that anyone can participate, even if you're not really familiar with Pajiba. But you should be, because, well, it's awesome.

Read the full info on the challenge here. It starts off January 1st, so it might be a little dicey for me what with New Year's hangovers and a wedding the next day, but I'll do my best to start out then. I've decided to start with Catch-22, which I've read before, albeit something like 10 years ago (it's preferable if you haven't read the books for the challenge, but I think they're pretty flexible about that). Actually, I started to read it about a week ago, but didn't get very far, what with work and everything, so I'll give myself a couple of days into 2011 before I begin. Meanwhile, I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for the fifteenth time or so, mostly because it was just sitting there.

So, there it is. I'm getting myself a library card and going to town with reading. Hope some of you join in! Check back here in 2011 for my reviews, which I promise to put a little effort into this time. 100 books baby! And just to make it harder on myself, I'll try to read one new book for every re-read I do. I need some new material.

No comments: