Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WHEEE!

Most of you know this already, but in case you don't yet:

I GOT MY VISA.

And there was much rejoicing!

The Embassy called me at 9 this morning, while I was still half asleep, and told me I was approved. I need to go by the building on Monday and drop off my passport and they'll give me the giant envelope with my visa that I'm not allowed to open that I have to give to the Customs agents when I get to the US.

But that's IT. Nearly a year later (it will be a year since our application was submitted on November 10) and through countless trials and days of pain, I can finally get married.

Holy crap, I'm actually getting married. EEE!

December 27th. Oh, my!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i. am. so. happy.

a million congrats!

(also, the word underneath i have to type this time is "gleebeas"
...these things are getting way topical.)

Genevieve Burgess said...

I am SO HAPPY that you're going to be my fellow country-woman shortly. SO HAPPY.

And if Texas wasn't like a bajillion miles from either of the places that I reside, I would totally crash your wedding. In a good way.

The Caustic Critic said...

Congratulations! It must be both a joy and a relief to have this finally settled.

Best of luck to you and your fiance, and let me add my voice to the chorus of "Welcome to the US!"