Thursday, October 30, 2008

An irresistable pull.

Oh, no.

It's 2:30am and I can't go to sleep. My usual routine involves watching TV after I've turned off the computer. Then I get into bed and grab whatever I'm reading until I'm tired enough to stop. Taking off my glasses always helps expedite this process.

But every now and then, my reading material turns out to be something I can't for the life of me put down and stop reading even though I know I should because it's already very, very late and I really should just get some sleep.

This time, it's "The Time Traveler's Wife". It's my first book for the Cannonball Read (100 books in a year...I think I've done 50 before). I started it last week and haven't been able to put it down, and now that it's getting to the end I'm getting that feeling of dread in my gut because I don't want to finish it. In this case I also have a horrible feeling that the ending will leave me in a puddle of my own tears and I won't be able to sleep anyway. Sometimes I fucking hate really awesome books.

So even though my eyes aren't that tired yet, I decided to get up and try to make myself sleepy by writing this.

Doesn't work. Dammit. All I keep thinking about is going back to bed and finishing the damned thing already--might as well, right?

Of course right. Stupid book.

No comments: